Definition of Football score
1. Noun. The score in a football game.
Football Score Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Football Score Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Football Score
Literary usage of Football score
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1899)
"19. Philippine Islands: Encounter between American soldiers and natives, 1 killed, 3 wounded. Harvard defeats Yale at football, score 17 to nothing. 21. ..."
2. Essentials in Journalism: A Manual in Newspaper Making for College Classes by Harry Franklin Harrington, Theodore Thomas Frankenberg (1912)
"football score, "17 to 12." Shooting score, "12 birds killed out of 15." 3. Ciphers are not used in run-in matter where only dollars are given; as, $2, ..."
3. The New Orthodoxy by Edward Scribner Ames (1918)
"He then refers to the football score of the previous day, and I am all animation, volunteering remarks about a certain team whose players I know and whose ..."
4. The Spell-to-write Spelling Books by Ambrose Leo Suhrie, Robert Philip Koehler (1921)
"... pitcher sentence history shortstop column understood players grammar touched the base won the prize 659 basket-ball victory football , score umpire fact ..."