2. Verb. (third-person singular of fluff) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fluffs
1. fluff [v] - See also: fluff
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fluffs Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fluffs
Literary usage of Fluffs
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionarium Polygraphicum: Or, The Whole Body of Arts Regularly Digested ...by John] [Barrow by John] [Barrow (1735)
"... he Fulling of cloths and other fluffs is perform'd by a water , thence call'da fulling or ... as milling fluffs and grinding corn both at the c time. ..."
2. The Statistical Account of Scotland: Drawn Up from the Communications of the by John Sinclair (1791)
"... leather, and dye-fluffs imported here, nor any value let upon the carts, cart-wheels, ploughs, ..."
3. England Delineated; Or, a Geographical Description of Every County in by John Aikin (1790)
"... have promoted the wearing of fluffs manufactured within the county. , ... i HUNTINGDONSHIRE. ..."