Definition of Floor show
1. Noun. A series of acts at a night club.
Floor Show Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Floor Show Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Floor Show
Literary usage of Floor show
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mathematical Questions and Solutions by W. J. C. Miller (1880)
"... FRS)—A convex figure whose perimeter is s and area Д, is thrown at random on a fixed straight band of breadth a traced on a floor ; show that the mean ..."
2. Proceedings (1891)
"... kitchen on ground floor, bath on first floor, cistern . on third floor. Show the lines of flow and return for hot water supply to various parts, ..."
3. Historic Building Interiors: An Annotated Bibliography by Anne Grimmer (1994)
""floor show." Traditional Homes. Vol. 4, No. 7 (April 1988), pp. 102-105. This practical article reviews a variety of floor finishes, how they are applied ..."
4. The Antiquary by Edward Walford, John Charles Cox, George Latimer Apperson (1882)
"... partially hidden by the heating apparatus, and several slabs in different parts of the floor show where brass effigies have been torn away. ..."
5. Elements of Mechanics Including Kinematics, Kinetics and Statics: With by Thomas Wallace Wright (1906)
"A ball falls from a height h above a level floor. Show that the whole distance described before the body ceases to rebound is h(l -\- e")/(l — e") and the ..."
6. Adventure Guide Inside Passage & Coastal Alaska by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"Other displays on the first floor show the history of Alaska's Russian years, and there is an original Russian territorial marker - one of only 20 known. ..."
7. American Architect and Building News (1903)
"... and 5 inches thick, from which a handsome wooden stair led up to the first-floor show-rooms. The fire originated in the basement, and flowed up over the ..."