Definition of Fifty-nine
1. Adjective. Being nine more than fifty.
Definition of Fifty-nine
1. Number. The cardinal number immediately following fifty-eight and preceding sixty. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fifty-nine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fifty-nine
Literary usage of Fifty-nine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Statutes at Large: Containing the Laws and Concurrent by United States (1859)
"For the payment of this sum as the sixth instalment upon two hundred thousand dollars, to be paid in eighteen hundred and fifty-nine, per second article ..."
2. Journal by New York (State). Legislature. Senate, House of representatives, United States, Congress (1921)
"fifty-nine of the Laws of nineteen hundred and nineteen, entitled 'An act authorizing the t€rmination of certain highway contracts, conferring jurisdiction ..."
3. Indian Affairs: Laws and Treaties by Charles Joseph Kappler (1904)
"_ *•*'• *• v&>- Articles of agreement and convention made and concluded at the Капли IMC. eighteen hundred and fifty -nine, by and betu-^n Alfred В ..."
4. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1862)
"... digested into fifty-nine Schemes, by James Kobey. Octavo et infra. 3C20. The Apophthegms of the English Nation, containing above 500 memorable sayings ..."
5. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1864)
"Principies and Practice of Obstetrics ; Illustrated with One Hundred and Fifty-Nine Lithographic Figures from Original Photographs, ..."
6. The World's Best Orations: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time by David Josiah Brewer, Edward Archibald Allen, William Schuyler (1899)
"JOHN BROWN AND THE SPIRIT OF fifty-nine (Delivered in Plymouth Church, Brooklyn, New York, in November) I BELIEVE in moral suasion. ..."
7. Collections by CT Historical Society (1908)
"... David Taylor from paying town and provance Taxes for the year one thousand Seven houndred and fifty Nine and to acte thereon Sly To See if the town will ..."
8. The Life of James McNeill Whistler by Elizabeth Robins Pennell, Joseph Pennell (1908)
"THE YEARS EIGHTEEN FIFTY-FIVE TO EIGHTEEN fifty-nine CONTINUED TH к stories cannot be left out of Whistler's life as a student, ..."