Definition of Fenugreek seed
1. Noun. Aromatic seeds used as seasoning especially in curry.
Generic synonyms: Flavorer, Flavoring, Flavourer, Flavouring, Seasoner, Seasoning
Group relationships: Fenugreek, Greek Clover, Trigonella Foenumgraecum
Fenugreek Seed Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fenugreek Seed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fenugreek Seed
Literary usage of Fenugreek seed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Plant Industry, Division of Plant Industry, Queensland (1910)
"The fenugreek seed handled by American seedsmen is almost entirely imported. The demand for it has been so slight that only small stocks are handled. ..."
2. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1851)
"... caraway seed, fenugreek seed, charged under the said tariff act, with a duty of 20 per cent, ad valorem, as " medicinal drugs, in a crude elate," ..."
3. Supplemental Digest of Decisions Under the Interstate Commerce Act by Herbert Confield Lust (1914)
"fenugreek seed and Fenugreek Meal. No. 51, p. 267, item 26, advanced the rating to ... fenugreek seed and flaxseed were analogous in value, weight and bulk, ..."
4. Adulterations Detected; Or, Plain Instructions for the Discovery of Frauds by Arthur Hill Hassall (1857)
"Outer Coat or Testa of a fenugreek seed * - 334 149. Transverse Section of Lobe of fenugreek Seed - 385 15<). Section of Tuber of Turmeric .--._. 333 151. ..."
5. Monks' Cookbook by Himalayan Academy, Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami (1997)
"Tofu Curry 1 Ib tofu 1/2 tsp fenugreek seed 1 cup coconut milk 1 tbsp fennel ... Fry the onion and fenugreek seed separately. Add the tofu and stir well for ..."
6. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Circuit Court of the United by Samuel Blatchford (1852)
"... of the port of New-York, to recover back an excess of duties paid on mustard seed, caraway seed, cardamon seed, and fenugreek seed, in a crude state. ..."