Definition of Female mammal
1. Noun. Animals that nourish their young with milk.
Female Mammal Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Female Mammal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Female Mammal
Literary usage of Female mammal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Anatomy and Physiology by Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1879)
"... whilst, on the other hand, although I am not aware of the existence of any female mammal in which a prostate gland is constantly present, ..."
2. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1895)
"It seems difficult to tell what the characters are that influence the female mammal in her choice. In contrast with the birds, they are not characteristics ..."
3. Reviews in Environmental Health (1998): Toxicological Defense Mechanics edited by Gary E. R. Hook, George W. Lucier (2000)
"The reproductive life cycle of the female mammal may be divided into phases that include fetal, prepubertal, cycling adult, pregnant, lactating, ..."
4. The Evolution of Man: A Popular Scientific Study by Ernst Heinrich Philipp August Haeckel (1910)
"The Mullerian ducts undergo very important changes in the female Mammal. The oviducts proper are developed only from their upper part ; the lower part ..."