Definition of Federal department
1. Noun. A department of the federal government of the United States.
Generic synonyms: Government Department
Specialized synonyms: Executive Department
Geographical relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Federal Department Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Federal Department Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Federal Department
Literary usage of Federal department
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nuclear Legislation: Analytical Study : Regulatory and Institutional by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2000)
"With regard to its regulatory powers, the federal department of the Interior has a general responsibility for radiation protection questions. ..."
2. The Workers at War by Frank Julian Warne (1920)
"CHAPTER XIV THE federal department OF LABOR THE ... This federal Department was already in existence, having been separated at the beginning of the Wilson ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"Steps were taken to better and increase the dissemination of agricultural information ; and the police duties of the federal department of Agriculture were ..."
4. The Colleges in War Time and After: A Contemporary Account of the Effect of by Parke Rexford Kolbe (1919)
"... in important executive positions — Their permanent influence on the relations between Government and the colleges — A federal department of Education ..."