Definition of Farming area
1. Noun. A rural area where farming is practiced.
Farming Area Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Farming Area Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Farming Area
Literary usage of Farming area
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Economics by Frank Albert Fetter (1922)
"Size of farms, and total farming area. § 2. Influences acting upon the size of farms. § 3. Self-sufficing versus commercial farming. § 4. ..."
2. Achieving Food Security in Southern Africa: New Challenges, New Opportunities by Lawrence James Haddad (1997)
"The average size of landholdings in the communal farming area was 5 hectares, whereas in the commercial farming area it was 169 hectares (Table 11.1). ..."
3. The United States in the Twentieth Century by Pierre Leroy-Beaulieu (1906)
"According to the census of 1900, the total farming area was ... Thus the farming area formed a little more than 40 per cent of the total area of the United ..."
4. The Dictionary of Statistics by Michael George Mulhall (1903)
"... that the emancipation of the serfs has caused the farming area to be almost ... farming area of Russia and Poland would be only 18 shillings per acre. ..."
5. Irrigation Experiments and Investigations in Western Oregon by Arthur P. Stover (1910)
"Outside of the favored districts that are progressing, the general farming area is clinging to the same methods and securing the same results that obtained ..."