Definition of Family selaginellaceae
1. Noun. Lesser club mosses: terrestrial chiefly tropical plants resembling mosses.
Generic synonyms: Fern Family
Group relationships: Order Selaginellales, Selaginellales
Member holonyms: Genus Selaginella, Selaginella
Family Selaginellaceae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Selaginellaceae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Selaginellaceae
Literary usage of Family selaginellaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Plant Materials of Decorative Gardening: The Woody Plants by William Trelease (1917)
"Family SELAGINELLACEAE. A small family, mainly of the tropics, of similar use to the Lycopodiaceae. SELAGINELLA. Small evergreen flowerless herbs with small ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1915)
"... become differentiated in the more specialized family Selaginellaceae into two types differing in size and complexity of structure, and originating from ..."
3. Studien zur Entwicklungsgeschichte des japanischen Riesensalamanders by Charles Stuart Gager, Daniel Lange (1916)
"Family. Selaginellaceae. Genus. Selaginella. B. Habitat: Species. sp. (Any available species may be used.) 1. Various species of Selaginella are common in ..."
4. Essentials of College Botany by Charles Edwin Bessey, Ernst Athearn Bessey (1914)
"In the second class are the Club-mosses (family selaginellaceae) which resemble the 142 — Ground Pines, but in our common species are generally smaller and ..."
5. Journal of Applied Microscopy by Bausch & Lomb Optical Company (1903)
"Family, Selaginellaceae. This plant grows very luxuriantly in greenhouses and window gardens, if the soil is provided with proper moisture. ..."