Definition of Falco sparverius
1. Noun. Small North American falcon.
Generic synonyms: Falcon
Group relationships: Falco, Genus Falco
Falco Sparverius Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Falco Sparverius Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Falco Sparverius
Literary usage of Falco sparverius
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"falco sparverius LINN.KIS. RANGE.— North and South America. o. falco sparverius sparverius I .IN %. t-:rs. Sparrow Hawk. [360.] falco sparverius LINN. ..."
2. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1893)
"Lowlands of southern Texas and eastern Mexico. 360 a. falco sparverius ... falco sparverius peninsularis MEARNS. St. Lucas Sparrow Hawk. ..."
3. Michigan Bird Life: A List of All the Bird Species Known to Occur in the by Walter Bradford Barrows (1912)
"falco sparverius sparverius Linn. (360) Synonyms: American Sparrow Hawk, Rusty-crowned Falcon, ... falco sparverius, Linn., 1758, and authors generally. ..."
4. American Ornithology; Or, The Natural History of the Birds of the United States. by Alexander Wilson, Charles Lucian Bonaparte, William Jardine (1832)
"falco sparverius, Little Rusty-crowned Falcon, North. Zooi. ii. p. 31. THE female of this species has been already figured and described in Vol. ..."