Definition of Faith cure
1. Noun. Care provided through prayer and faith in God.
Generic synonyms: Aid, Attention, Care, Tending
Specialized synonyms: Laying On Of Hands
Faith Cure Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Faith Cure Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Faith Cure
Literary usage of Faith cure
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1903)
"Besides these recognized forms, faith cure is и important element in cures ... The actual value of faith cure as a therapeutic method has been the subject ..."
2. English Hymns: Their Authors and History by Samuel Willoughby Duffield (1886)
"... faith cure and Consumptives' Home in Boston. He had been hard pressed for money, and had been earnestly praying for the supply of his large necessities. ..."
3. The Psychological Phenomena of Christianity by George Barton Cutten (1908)
"What about ecstasy in its various forms, the numerous methods of faith cure thrust upon an illiterate but credulous people, or the significance or ..."
4. The New England Magazine by Making of America Project (1887)
"The entire work is a work of faith, and the faith-cure is but one branch of that work, and! this branch did not conspicuously enter into the first ..."