Definition of Eye opener
1. Noun. An alcoholic drink intended to wake one up early in the morning.
2. Noun. Something surprising and revealing.
Eye Opener Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eye Opener Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eye Opener
Literary usage of Eye opener
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. More about Names by Leopold Wagner (1893)
"An Eye-opener expresses a stimulant of mixed spirits taken the first thing in the morning, or when a person is overcome with drowsiness. ..."
2. Who's who in Music in California by Willey Francis Gates (1920)
"In 1921, published a booklet entitled "An Eye-Opener on Musical Education"; composed for voice and piano. Member of Woman's Lyric Club ten years; ..."
3. Scottish Notes and Queries edited by John Bulloch (1907)
"... but the strong Scotch common sense of the boys nominally under his control was an effectual "eye-opener" to him, as he never repeated the experiment. ..."
4. What Shall I Do?: Fifty Profitable Occupations for Boys and Girls who are by John Sidney Stoddard, Lucy A. Yendes (1899)
"An eye opener "A business firm once employed a trained young man, whose energy and grasp of affairs soon led the management to promote him over a faithful ..."