Definition of Eucalyptus oil
1. Noun. An essential oil obtained from the leaves of eucalypts.
Medical Definition of Eucalyptus oil
1. The volatile oil distilled with steam from the fresh leaf of Eucalyptus globulus or some other species of Eucalyptus; contains not less than 70% of eucalyptol; used as an antiseptic and expectorant. (05 Mar 2000)
Eucalyptus Oil Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eucalyptus Oil Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eucalyptus Oil
Literary usage of Eucalyptus oil
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopædia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"This is the portion of eucalyptus oil which passes over between 347° and 351° F., ... eucalyptus oil also contains, after exposure to the air, ..."
2. Pharmaceutical and Food Analysis: A Manual of Standard Methods for the by Azor Thurston (1922)
"The official eucalyptus oil should be free from phellandrene which occurs in the oil from certain species of eucalyptus. Preparation and Yield. ..."
3. Journal and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New South Wales by Royal Society of New South Wales (1900)
"I wish to express my thanks to my colleague Mr. RT Baker, FL8., for botanical assistance in the preparation of this paper. • Ox AN eucalyptus oil CONTAINING ..."
4. Select Extra-tropical Plants Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1884)
"The scent is finally withdrawn from its matrix by maceration with pure alcohol. Purified eucalyptus oil can be used for diluting rose oil, ..."
5. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention (1905)
"eucalyptus oil—Adulteration with Castor Oil.—CT Bennett directs attention to eucalyptus oil adulterated with castor oil. The general character of the ..."