Definition of Ethnic music
1. Noun. The traditional and typically anonymous music that is an expression of the life of people in a community.
Specialized synonyms: Folk Ballad, Folk Song, Folksong, Schottische, C And W, Country And Western, Country Music, Gospel, Gospel Singing, Square-dance Music
Generic synonyms: Popular Music, Popular Music Genre
Ethnic Music Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ethnic Music Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ethnic Music
Literary usage of Ethnic music
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Women Marching Into the 21st Century: Wathint' Abafazi, Wathint' Imbokodo by Human Sciences Research Council (2000)
"In January 1962 she was appointed to the SABC where she became a well-known co-ordinator of ethnic music. In the 1980s she was promoted to production ..."
2. Customer Diversity and Future Demand for Outdoor Recreation by John F. Dwyer (1994)
"There is also traditional "ethnic" music, food, and games at picnics and other group outings. At the same time, we see ready adaptation ..."
3. Genetic Philosophy of Education: An Epitome of the Published Educatonal by George Everett Partridge, Granville Stanley Hall (1912)
"The simpler music, the folk-song, the ballad, the ethnic music should come first, and the mind should linger upon these great themes longer than is as yet ..."
4. Tobacco Use Among U. S. Racial Ethnic Minority Groups: African Americans by David Satcher (1999)
"The tobacco industry's link with racial/ ethnic music and art is not new; for example, in the 1950s, tobacco companies featured African American jazz ..."
5. The Canadian Rockies Adventure Guide by Brenda Koller (2006)
"Pancake breakfast, beer garden, demonstrations, ethnic music and food, entertainment and Celtic merchandise. CAUSE Canadian Rocky Mountain Half Marathon ..."
6. Tuscany by Ulrike Bleek, Christiane Buld Campetti, Stephan Bleek (2000)
"And while we are on the subject of ethnic music, this list of summer festivals would not be complete without inclusion of the largest blues festival in ..."