Definition of Esterifies
1. Verb. (third-person singular of esterify) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Esterifies
1. esterify [v] - See also: esterify
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Esterifies Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Esterifies
Literary usage of Esterifies
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1908)
"So alcohol, even methyl alcohol, is to be avoided in tests or determinations of sugars. Glycerol esterifies like a niona- tomic alcohol on glucose and ..."
2. Elements of the Comparative Anatomy of Vertebrates by Gustav Mann, Walther Löb, Henry William Frederic Lorenz, Robert Wiedersheim, William Newton Parker, Thomas Jeffery Parker, Harry Clary Jones, Sunao Tawara, Leverett White Brownell, Max Julius Louis Le Blanc, Willis Rodney Whitney, John Wesley Brown, Wi (1906)
"... the formation of such compounds is readily explained, for Abderhalden boils ammo-acids for several hours with mineral acids and then esterifies them. ..."
3. Stereochemistry by Alfred Walter Stewart (1907)
"This holds good, however, only if the radicals X are similar in each case ; for it is found that trimethyl-acetic, for instance, esterifies much more easily ..."
4. The Plant Alkaloids by Thomas Anderson Henry (1913)
"pseudo'F rapine readily esterifies with organic acids, furnishing a series of derivatives, which from their analogy with the ..."
5. Physiological chemistry: A Text-book and Manual for Students by Albert Prescott Mathews (1916)
"It readily esterifies with phosphoric and other acids. CH OH CH OH CH OH CH OH COOH COOH 22 22 CHOH CHOH ; c'o CHOH CHOH C(OH)2 CH2OH COH CH2OH COOH COOH ..."
6. The Simple Carbohydrates and the Glucosides by Edward Frankland Armstrong (1919)
"Dried yeast or yeast juice esterifies phosphate almost quantitatively in presence of sugar whereas living yeast, even when toluene has been added, ..."
7. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention (1904)
"... time methyl alcohol united with 69.6 per cent, of the acid, and ethyl alcohol with 21.4 per cent. Stearic Acid esterifies well under like conditions. ..."
8. The Chemistry of the Non-benzenoid Hydrocarbons and Their Simple Derivatives by Benjamin Talbott Brooks (1922)
"A5 HC CH2 CH2 H,C CH2 H, A5-esterifies much more rapidly than A3. Perkin was able to effect a fractional separation of these two acids by making use of this ..."