Definition of Endorsed
1. Verb. (past of endorse) ¹
2. Adjective. (heraldry) Flanked by endorses. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Endorsed
1. endorse [v] - See also: endorse
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Endorsed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Endorsed
Literary usage of Endorsed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1898)
"endorsed by Washington. 4 pp. 4°. WASH. 40 press copy of ALS endorsed by Washington. ... endorsed by Washington. 2 pp. 4\ WASH. 44 Washington's reply to the ..."
2. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1898)
"endorsed by Washington. 4 pp. 4°. WASH. 40 press copy of ALS endorsed by Washington ... endorsed by Washington. 2 pp. 4°. WASH. 44 Washington's reply to the ..."
3. The Code of Criminal Procedure of the State of New York by New York (State) (1850)
"Names of witnesses must be inserted at foot of indictment, or endorsed thereon. ... When so found, it must be endorsed, " A true bill," and the endorsement ..."
4. Publications by Hampshire Record Society, Winchester, Winchester Hampshire Record Society, American peace society, Algernon Sidney Crapsey, Ernest Howard Crosby, W. Evans Darby, John Hyde De Forest, Charles Edward Jefferson, Augustine Jones, Mrs. L. J. Mead, J. H. Ral (1891)
"Small fragment of the College seal, endorsed with memorandum of enrolment ... Small red seal, " OO" endorsed by Oglethorpe, with a memorandum that " these ..."
5. The Manuscripts of the Earl of Westmorland, Captain Stewart, Lord Stafford by Francis William Henry Fane Westmorland, James Stewart, Mervin Herbert Nevil Story-Maskelyne, Nicholas William George Throckmorton, Philip Tatton Mainwaring, Marymellard Boycott, Josslyn Francis Pennington Muncaster, George Browne, Josceline Fitz-Roy Ba (1885)
"ND Paper in the handwriting of Edward Moore endorsed " The ND Paper undated find endorsed in ... The paper is endorsed " Sir John Moore's last answer. ..."
6. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1888)
"... given to the Commercial National Back of Charlotte, NC, for three thousand dollars, and endorsed by tbe said AB Davidson and C. Dowd; also ! ..."