Definition of Elevator girl
1. Noun. A girl employed to operate an elevator.
Elevator Girl Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Elevator Girl Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Elevator Girl
Literary usage of Elevator girl
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. What's on the Worker's Mind: By One who Put on Overalls to Find Out, Whiting by Whiting Williams (1920)
"Perhaps, however, the reader himself has recently heard such testimony as that of the elevator girl and her greeting to me: "Where you been all this tune? ..."
2. Mobilizing Woman-power by Harriot Stanton Blatch (1918)
"... and there are still some who look concerned when they see a woman at the lever; but on the whole the elevator "girl" has gained the confidence of her ..."
3. Minimum Wages by United States Congress. Senate. Committee on Education and Labor (1919)
"... 201-205 Broad Street, janitor, $90 per month and living rooms; elevator girl, $65 per month; cleaners. $65 to $73 per month. ..."
4. Wandering Jew Card Game. by Robert D. Manning (1986)
"Why did he not tell her? It is too late...he is dead! My sincerest sympathy. END OF VISUAL INSERT. MARIA elevator girl MARIA ..."