2. Verb. (past of electrify) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Electrified
1. electrify [v] - See also: electrify
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Electrified Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Electrified
Literary usage of Electrified
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"The explanation of this action is that the originally neutral body in presence of the electrified body becomes itself electrified for the time. ..."
2. A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism by James Clerk ( Maxwell (1873)
"1 outside the shell on the electrified system E2 inside the shell, ... We have seen that the action of the electrified surface in the last theorem on any ..."
3. An Introduction to Natural Philosophy: Designed as a Text-book, for the Use by Denison Olmsted (1858)
"An electrified body frequently exhibits à tendency to separate into ... Thus, a lock of cotton, when electrified, is separated into its minutest fibres. ..."
4. An Elementary Treatise on Electricity by James Clerk Maxwell (1881)
"At a short distance from the point the electrified Fi 32 air becomes mixed with other air, and is carried about by the ordinary currents of the atmosphere ..."
5. Elements of the Mathematical Theory of Electricity and Magnetism by Joseph John Thomson (1895)
"Charge on an electrified body. Definition of equal charges. Place on the disc of the electroscope a metal vessel as nearly closed as possible, ..."
6. Vestiges of Pre-metric Weights and Measures Persisting in Metric-system by Arthur Edwin Kennelly (1881)
"Influence of any Number of electrified Points. Now let us consider the sphere as divided into two parts, one of which, the spherical segment on which we ..."
7. Institutes of Natural Philosophy: Theoretical and Practical by William Enfield, Alexander Ewing, Samuel Webber (1811)
"White silk becomes positively electrified by being rubbed ... Black silk will be positively electrified with red sealing-wax ; negatively .with hare's skin, ..."