Definition of Electric furnace
1. Noun. Any furnace in which the heat is provided by an electric current.
Electric Furnace Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Electric Furnace Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Electric Furnace
Literary usage of Electric furnace
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1910)
"An illustrated article presenting the advantages of the induction furnace and giving results of experiments by the American electric furnace Co. 2500 w. ..."
2. Bulletin by Mysore Geologists' Association (1918)
"By Carbon in the electric furnace. The oxide can be reduced directly in the electric furnace by means of carbon. This was the method used by Moissan (40) ..."
3. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1902)
"THE electric furnace IN INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY. BY CHARLES B. JACOBS. In its early days the electric furnace labored under the burden of the prophecies of its ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1922)
"The papers included were : The influence of the electric furnace on the ... The use of the electric furnace in brass foundries and refining plants for ..."
5. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1914)
"SMELTING OF SULPHIDE ORES IN THE electric furnace 251 1. Ores Treated 252 2. ... THE USE OF THE electric furnace IN THE SMELTING of PYRITIC ORES . ..."