Definition of Elapsed time
1. Noun. The time that elapses while some event is occurring.
Specialized synonyms: One-way Light Time, Owlt, Round-trip Light Time, Rtlt
Elapsed Time Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Elapsed Time Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Elapsed Time
Literary usage of Elapsed time
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New American Practical Navigator: Being an Epitome of Navigation by Nathaniel Bowditch (1826)
"Thus if the elapsed time was r'h. or IP.Om. the correction would he. '^° or 30", making the corrected elapsed time or hour angle 3h. 0' 30". ..."
2. A Manual of Spherical and Practical Astronomy: Embracing the General by William Chauvenet (1900)
"FERENT STARS, AND THE elapsed time BETWEEN THE OBSERVATIONS. 178. Let S and S', Fig. 25, be any two points of Fig. 25. the celestial sphere, ..."
3. Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering: An Update (1993)
"Doctorate Attainment At the doctorate level, median elapsed time between ... Data on median elapsed time between baccalaureate and doctorate are from the ..."
4. The New American Practical Navigator: Being an Epitome of Navigation by Nathaniel Bowditch (1826)
"Thus if the elapsed time was 3h. or 180m. the correction would he 1, or 30", making the corrected elapsed time or hour angle 3h. 0' 30". ..."
5. National Judicial Reporting Program, 1990 by Patrick L. Langan, Richard Solari (1995)
"elapsed time from arrest to conviction was longest for cases of murder or ... Mean elapsed time from conviction to sentencing for persons convicted of a ..."
6. A Treatise on Astronomy for the Use of Colleges and Schools by Hugh Godfray (1886)
"By two altitudes of the sun and the elapsed time, or by simultaneous observations of two stars. This method will be available when the latitude is unknown. ..."
7. Factory Costs: A Work of Reference for Cost Accountants and Factory Managers by Frank Erastus Webner (1911)
"elapsed time Impression. Machine Shop. (See Chs. VIII, XXVI. ... elapsed time Card. Machine and Operator. (See Chs. VIII, XXVI.) Suggested size, s"x3". ..."