¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Egocentrically
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Egocentrically Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Egocentrically
Literary usage of Egocentrically
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. When the Victim Is a Child by Debra Whitcomb (1992)
"Children see the world egocentrically. Because they believe that adults are omniscient, they may expect to be understood even when they have only answered ..."
2. Selected Articles on a League of Nations by Edith M. Phelps (1919)
"... moved above the heads of the peoples egocentrically, in applied and antagonistic isolation. As a creed of isolation, for the purpose of appropriation. ..."
3. Choice Words: How Our Language Affects Children's Learningby Peter H. Johnston by Peter H. Johnston (2004)
"As Margaret Donaldson notes in Children's Minds (1978), "the better you know something, the more risk there is of behaving egocentrically in relation to ..."
4. Gaia Matrix: Arkhom & the Geometries of Destiny in the North American Landscape by Peter William Champoux, William Stuart Buehler (1999)
"As individuals we tend to view the universe egocentrically. Our reference points are from our bodies outwards. ..."
5. I Love You Madly! Workbook: Insight Enhancement About Healthy and Disturbed ...by Robert Gordon by Robert Gordon (2007)
"Later you loved your parents less egocentrically, and finally, you love your parents as three-dimensional individuals with a healthy ambivalence. ..."
6. Legal Interventions in Family Violence: Research Findings & Policy Implications edited by Jeremy Travis (1998)
"See the world egocentrically. • Have a limited attention span. • Have varying degrees of comfort with strangers (Waterman, 1986). ..."