Definition of Economic geology
1. Noun. The branch of geology that deals with economically valuable geological materials.
Economic Geology Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Economic Geology Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Economic Geology
Literary usage of Economic geology
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Economic Aspect of Geology by Charles Kenneth Leith (1921)
"But economic geology is not solely confined to mineral resources. ... In professional preparation for the practice of economic geology there is no easy ..."
2. Field Geology by Frederic Henry Lahee (1917)
"economic geology.—Geologic facts that have a practical bearing are reserved for the chapter on economic geology. In this place should be mentioned the pits, ..."
3. Mineral Deposits by Waldemar Lindgren (1913)
"Only a part of the whole field of economic geology will be covered in these ... Throughout its broad domain economic geology stands on the fundamental ..."
4. The Journal of Geology by University of Chicago Department of Geology and Paleontology (1906)
"economic geology of the Bingham Mining District, Utah. By JOHN MASON BOUTWELL. With a Section on Areal Geology by ARTHUR KEITH, and an Introduction on ..."
5. Index of Economic Material in the Documents of the States of the United by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse, Carnegie Institution of Washington. Dept. of Economics and Sociology (1912)
"Waverly series ; economic geology ; coal. Iron, bldg. stone, mineral paint ; local geology. Meigs County 1872. Geology of Meigs Co.; by EB Andrews. ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1903)
"Spencer, Dr. Arthur C., geologist, will investigate areal and economic geology of Ju- neau mining district. Later will make recon- naisance of economic ..."
7. Bulletin by Ghana Geological Survey (1898)
"MINERAL DEPOSITS X. economic geology (a) Gold.—Although the area lies across the north-eastern extension of the ..."