¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ecdysone
1. an insect hormone [n -S]
Medical Definition of Ecdysone
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ecdysone Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ecdysone
Literary usage of Ecdysone
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Design, Operation and Training Manual for an Intensive Culture Shrimp Hatchery by Granvil D. Treece, Joe M. Fox (1999)
"This endocrine gland produces ecdysone from cholesterol at rates regulated by molt ... Circulating ecdysone is converted to the more active molting hormone, ..."
2. Allelopathy: The Effects of Chemicals Produced by Plants by Henry Gilbert (1994)
"Special issue: ecdysone: from biosynthesis to regulation of gene expression. Papers from the Xth ecdysone Workshop, April 6-9, 1992, Liverpool, England. ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... of ecdysone per 20 /J to induce puffing (12). Glands of Drosophila melanogas- ter were incubated as reported previously (6), again with or without the ..."
4. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"The post-embryonic development of insects is controlled by the molting hormone, ecdysone, the juvenile hormone and an ..."
5. Reviews in Environmental Health (1998): Toxicological Defense Mechanics edited by Gary E. R. Hook, George W. Lucier (2000)
"... chitin synthesis inhibitors (eg, diflubenzuron), ecdysone analogs (eg, tebufenozide), and molting disruptants (eg, fenoxycarb). ..."