¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Downflow
1. a running down [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Downflow Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Downflow
Literary usage of Downflow
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Compressed Air Information; Or, A Cyclopedia Containing Practical Papers on by William Lawrence Saunders (1903)
"The downflow pipe discharges into a deep groove, being open to the chamber ... The discharge of the mingled water and air from the downflow pipe into this ..."
2. HVAC and Chemical Resistance Handbook for the Engineer and Architect: A ...by Tom Arimes by Tom Arimes (1994)
"A downflow cleanroom (Figure 3) has a ceiling comprised of HEPA filters. ... Air in the downflow room moves uniformly from the ceiling to the floor. ..."
3. Engineers and Engineering by Engineers Club of Philadelphia (1908)
"Comparing the downflow with the upflow elements of Belleville, the downflow limit of length with 4-inch tubes, is about 400 feet, against 100 feet for the ..."
4. Compressed Air Information: Or, A Cyclopedia Containing Practical Papers on by W[illiam] L[awrence] Saunders (1903)
"The speed of the water in the downflow pipe is approximately 345/2 feet per second, and the speed with which the air is drawn in with it will be nearly the ..."
5. Bulletin by United States Weather Bureau (1902)
"This material begins to absorb heat in its downflow, but being in part liquid gains an increase of temperature only after the latent heat of vaporization is ..."
6. Reminiscences of a Missionary Bishop by Daniel Sylvester Tuttle (1906)
"... the prophet would not be able long to hold things well in hand, or to check the downflow of deterioration and disintegration setting in. ..."
7. The Monthly Microscopical Journal: Transactions of the Royal Microscopical (1877)
"Now there is but one thing to be done, and that is to stop the stream from above, for as long as it goes pouring on, the downflow will beat the ..."