2. Adjective. Of or relating to dopamine. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Dopaminergic
Medical Definition of Dopaminergic
1. Relating to nerve cells or fibres that employ dopamine as their neurotransmitter. Origin: dopamine + G. Ergon, work (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dopaminergic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dopaminergic
Literary usage of Dopaminergic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cocaine: Pharmacology, Effects, and Treatment of Abuse edited by John Grabowski (1994)
"The brain stimulation reinforcement seems to activate dopaminergic synapses indirectly, by stimulating the fibers that make anatomical contact with the ..."
2. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"The availability of drugs such as nomifensine, whose action rests on the integrity of dopaminergic transmission in the CNS, offers a valid pharmacologic ..."
3. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"In contrast, dopaminergic receptor stimulation appears to play an inhibitory role ¡n the regulation of vasopressin, but not oxytocin secretion in pregnant ..."
4. Individual Differences in the Behavioral Etiology of Drug Abuse edited by Harold W. Gordon, Meyer D. Glantz (1997)
"As discussed above (Specific Aim 1), studies in animal models suggest that dopaminergic systems mediate individual differences in locomotor activity related ..."
5. Nicotine in Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco Products Is a Drug and These edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"A- Nicotine and other drugs of abuse produce their rewarding or reinforcing effects by stimulating the release of dopamine from dopaminergic neurons within ..."
6. Problems of Drug Dependence: Proceedings of the 58th Annual Scientific Meeting by Louie S. Harrie (1999)
"The present study examined the effects of dopaminergic agonists with various mechanisms ... Overall, these data suggest that only some forms of dopaminergic ..."