¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Dobbie
1. dobby [n -S] - See also: dobby
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dobbie Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dobbie
dobbie (current term)
Literary usage of Dobbie
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society by Royal Horticultural Society (Great Britain). (1894)
"dobbie. Blue Gown:—Bright blue, eye golden. Stuart. Lillias:—Upper petals mauve, lower creamy white edged with mauve, with a deep yellow blotch. dobbie. ..."
2. Report of the Annual Meeting (1908)
"... Dr. TM LOWRY (Secretary), Professor SYDNEY YOUNG, Dr. JJ dobbie, Dr. A. LAPWORTH, Dr. MO FÖRSTER, and Dr. CH DESCH. (Drawn up by tlie Secretary. ..."
3. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1901)
"D., FRS, and Professor JAMES J. dobbie, MA, D.Sc. Received May 25,—Read June 21, 1900. In a former paper* we described experiments on the electrical ..."
4. Woollen and Worsted Cloth Manufacture: Being a Practical Treatise for the by Roberts Beaumont (1890)
"dobbie Shedding in Heavy Power Looms—128. Principle of Actuating the Upright dobbie—129. Lagging and Picking- back Motion—130. ..."
5. The Scots Digest of the Cases Decided in the Supreme Courts of Scotland and by John Condie Steewart Sandeman (1905)
"... ¡Игл and allow him to carry on the action alone. Feri/uson, Davidson d- Coy. v. Paterson and dobbie, 1898,1 Г. 227 ; 3C SLR 153; 6 8. LT 219. Gordon v. ..."
6. Illustrated Toronto: Past and Present: Past and Present, Being an Historical by J. Timperlake (1877)
"dobbie & Carrie—The warehouse of this firm is situate on Front street, ... Mr. dobbie had previously curried on a retail dry goods business in this city, ..."