Definition of Display adapter
1. Noun. (computer science) an electronic device that converts information in memory to video output to a display.
Generic synonyms: Electronic Device
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Display Adapter Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Display Adapter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Display Adapter
Literary usage of Display adapter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the Personal Computer: The People and the Technology by Roy A. Allan (2001)
"A monochrome display with a Monochrome display adapter (MDA) for business and a color display with a Color Graphics Adapter (CGA) for home use. ..."
2. The Backup Book: Disaster Recovery from Desktop to Data Center by Dorian J. Cougias, E. L. Heiberger, Karsten Koop (2003)
"The box for my display adapter had long since disappeared, and I had no idea who had manufactured it. The only way I could find out what was in my PC was to ..."
3. Network Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"... which is easy to use; a user/resource database with information on the type of equipment a user has (number of drives, type of display adapter, etc. ..."
4. A Survey of Distributed Multimedia: Research, Standards and Products by Chris Adie (1993)
"... Standards: Further information: Date of entry: IBM PC (386,16MHz, 12Mb RAM) with OS/2, and the ActionMedia II display adapter with capture option. ..."