¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Disarticulation
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Disarticulation
1. Amputation or separation at a joint. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Disarticulation Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Disarticulation
Literary usage of Disarticulation
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1878)
"disarticulation at the Knee-joint. Dr. VON LANGENBECK showed, at the Congress of the Society of German Surgeons, two patients on whom this operation had ..."
2. Wounds in war: The Mechanism of the Production and Their Treatment by William Flack Stevenson (1898)
"44 90.69* 17 94. n^ 71 87.32$ 5 6o.o^ 137 88.23^ All the intermediary excisions done in the American War proved fatal. Amputation or disarticulation at the ..."
3. Oxford Loose-leaf Surgery by F. F. Burghard, Allen Buckner Kanavel (1920)
"disarticulation at the Elbow-joint by a Circular Incision . ... Method of terminating the Elliptical Incision for disarticulation at the Elbow-joint . ..."
4. The Surgeon's Handbook on the Treatment of Wounded in War: Prize Essay by Friedrich von Esmarch (1878)
"disarticulation of the thumb at the carpo-metacarpal joint . . . 193 a. ... disarticulation at the wrist 197 i. Circular incision 197 3. ..."
5. Illustrated manual of operative surgery and surgical anatomy by Claude Bernard, Charles Huette, William Holme Van Buren, Charles Edward Isaacs (1855)
"disarticulation of the four fingers at once, a, b, c, incision over the ... disarticulation of the first metacarpal bone, by a modification of the oval ..."