Definition of Dilaudid
1. Noun. A narcotic analgesic (trade name Dilaudid) used to treat moderate to severe pain.
Generic synonyms: Analgesic, Anodyne, Pain Pill, Painkiller
Language type: Trade Name
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dilaudid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dilaudid
Literary usage of Dilaudid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Drugs of Abuse (1996)edited by Carol Gibson edited by Carol Gibson (1996)
"... Trade Name: dilaudid Controlled Ingredient: hydromorphone hydrochloride 2 mg/ml Trade Name: dilaudid Controlled Ingredient: hydromorphone hydrochloride ..."
2. Pulse Check: National Trends in Drug Abuse: Summer 1998 by Barry M. McCaffrey (1999)
"In Birmingham, sources specifically note the appearance of dilaudid, ... dilaudid is also mentioned by sources in Washington DC, in addition to Percocet, ..."
3. The Supply of Illicit Drugs to the United States: The MMICC Report, 1995 by Paul V. Daly (1998)
"Codeine combinations and hydromorphone (dilaudid) were at the next level in ... The prices for dilaudid ranged from $30 per 4-milligram tablet in Ft. ..."
4. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"Opi-ate-type drugs (heroin, morphine, dilaudid) 8. Volatile-solvent-type drugs (toluene, acetone, freon) Defining drug abuse as a disease exempts it from ..."