Definition of Determining factor
1. Noun. A determining or causal element or factor. "Education is an important determinant of one's outlook on life"
Generic synonyms: Cognitive Factor
Specialized synonyms: Clincher, Decisive Factor, Influence
Derivative terms: Determinant, Determine, Determinative, Determine
2. Noun. An argument that is conclusive.
Generic synonyms: Argument, Statement
Derivative terms: Determine
Determining Factor Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Determining Factor Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Determining Factor
Literary usage of Determining factor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1905)
"This fact often largely determines doubtless the extent to which the ethical element enters into the comic as a determining factor. The Part of Superiority ..."
2. Apollo: An Illustrated Manual of the History of Art Throughout the Ages by Salomon Reinach (1907)
"... V GREEK ART BEFORE PHIDIAS The Abundance of Marble a determining factor in the Tendencies of Greek Art.—The Rationalistic Cast of the Greek Intellect. ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1897)
"It is the determining factor in the structure of the northern part of Pine mountain. FIG. 18.—Contorted sandstone, shale, and novaculite exposed on the ..."
4. Theory of Differential Equations by Andrew Russell Forsyth (1902)
"... u must possess a regular integral; and each regular integral of the latter determines a normal integral of the former having the determining factor 0°. ..."
5. Seeding and Planting: A Manual for the Guidance of Forestry Students by James William Toumey (1916)
"The Species as a determining factor in the Closeness of the Stand from Direct Seeding The mode of growth of a species is an important factor in determining ..."
6. Outlines of International Law by Charles Herbert Stockton (1914)
"The Question of Domicile or Nationality as the determining factor in Maritime Capture.—This question shows the diverging views of what has been roughly ..."