Definition of Depositors
1. Noun. (plural of depositor) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Depositors
1. depositor [n] - See also: depositor
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Depositors Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Depositors
Literary usage of Depositors
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1915)
"In short, the act, as I read it, simply establishes a plan for enforced co-operative insurance by all the banks in favor of the depositors of each and every ..."
2. Journal by Texas Legislature. Senate, Legislature, United States Congress. Senate, Texas State Library, Texas (1909)
"All banks and trust companies electing under the provisions of this act to avail themselves of the "depositors' security fund," as defined in this act, ..."
3. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"The depositors in these rely solely on the character of the persons by whom ... The total depositors in railway savings banks may therefore be estimated at ..."
4. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1919)
"uf stock ; provided, that said liability of the stockholders shall not prevent depositors from having equal rank with all other creditors upon the capital ..."
5. Auditing Theory and Practice by Robert Hiester Montgomery (1912)
"depositors' Accounts: Opinions differ as to the responsibility of an auditor in connection with the verification of depositors' accounts. ..."
6. Journal of the Statistical Society of London by Statistical Society (Great Britain) (1839)
"080 The total number of depositors at the beginning of) ,n -no had been increased by ) the year was / bo>798 Total number of depositors, 31st December, ..."
7. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1883)
"The whole number of depositors in these financial institutions at the date of the report ... There are 27996 depositors having less than §250 on deposit. ..."
8. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"On 20th November 1885 there were 178 such banka open in Liverpool, with 17492 depositors. When a deposit reaches £1 it is transferred to the depositor's ..."