Definition of Debit entry
1. Noun. An accounting entry acknowledging sums that are owing.
Generic synonyms: Accounting Entry, Entry, Ledger Entry
Derivative terms: Debit
Debit Entry Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Debit Entry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Debit Entry
Literary usage of Debit entry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Duff's Book-keeping, by Single and Double Entry: Practically Illustrating by Peter Duff (1868)
"After posting the credit entry, close the account into Profit & Loss; and, after the closing lines are drawn, post the debit entry. ..."
2. The Theory of Accounts by Frederick Samson Tipson (1902)
"What is the result of a debit entry? of a credit entry? ... The result of a debit entry is the record of an asset, or of an expense. ..."
3. Practical Bank Operation by Loyd Helvetius Langston, First National City Bank of New York (1921)
"A hold may be defined as a temporary debit entry made to an account pending the arrival in the bookkeepers' department of authority to make the debit ..."
4. Lecture Notes on Some of the Business Features of Engineering Practice by Alexander Crombie Humphreys (1905)
"When the other Cash-Book entries are being "posted" into the Ledger, from the debit entry on the Cash-Book (that is, debit to Cash because Cash has received ..."
5. The Flow of Value by Logan Grant McPherson (1919)
"The parting with coin obtained in a previous sale of utilities would serve the same purpose as a debit entry against a credit entry. ..."
6. Pyaments, Clearance, and Settlement: A Guide to the Systems, Risks, and Issues by Nolani T. Traylor, Tamara E. Cross, Nancy Eibeck, Robert Pollard (1998)
"ACH debit entry for $2000 to Bank A presents the VISA, Bank A's ACH operator. vf VISA processes the information and transmits the ACH debit entry for $2000 ..."
7. ... Problems in Cost Accounting by De Witt Carl Eggleston (1918)
"debit entry 630 Clinker Burning $5000.00 CREDIT ENTRY 152.2 Gypsum $5000.00 One-twelfth of the shut-down expenses, labor and repair materials is distributed ..."