¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Debatably
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Debatably Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Debatably
debatably (current term)
Literary usage of Debatably
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to the Alaska Highway by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"Amundsen - who was later the first to reach the South Pole and, debatably, the North Pole - was the first man to finally put together the threads of the ..."
2. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1915)
"As the facts are, we drop out of our discussion the physical condition of disrepair of the scraper, and come to look to the only remaining debatably tenable ..."
3. Terrorism and Threats to U. S. Interests in Latin America: Hearing Before edited by Jim Saxton (2001)
"For most of this century, a strong American military presence has served as a deterrent to foreign threats and, more debatably, Panamanian domestic ..."
4. Agricultural Expansion and Pioneer Settlements in the Humid Tropics by Walther Manshard, William B. Morgan (1988)
"There are still extensive areas of relatively empty land in the humid tropics, debatably capable of sustaining agricultural production but whose clearance ..."
5. Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland: A Survey of Scottish Topography, Staistical by Francis Hindes Groome (1885)
"... Bum runs 5J miles south-south-westward along or close to nearly all the Lauder boundary. Lying debatably between the ..."
6. The Equilibration of Human Aptitudes and Powers of Adaptation by Cyrenus Osborne Ward (1895)
"In all honor and loyalty to the theme, they should be set vis a. vis to some debatably harmless classes who revel in a precarious domain, ..."