Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Counterstream Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Counterstream
Literary usage of Counterstream
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Œdema and Nephritis: A Critical, Experimental and Clinical Study of the by Martin Fischer (1921)
"This is because the salts diffuse into the colloid absorbing membrane and tend to dehydrate it, thus starting a counterstream of water secretion to meet the ..."
2. The Polynesian Wanderings: Tracks of the Migration Deduced from an by William Churchill (1911)
"... it would be of significance for the further fate of the early Polynesians who reached the equatorial counterstream, and for the case that they migrated ..."
3. Refractories and Furnaces: Properties, Preparation, and Application of by Francis Thompson Havard (1912)
"... the furnace Siemens' air- gas producers and warming the air for the combustion of the gas by leading it as a counterstream through the generators which ..."
4. Population, Land Use, And Environment: Research Directions by Barbara Entwisle, Paul C. Stern (2005)
"... levels of net migration may hide substantial rates of turnover: “For every stream, there is a counterstream” is a truism of migration research. ..."
5. Norway Pilot: From Fejefiord to the North Cape Thence to Jacob River by United States Hydrographic Office (1915)
"... meeting with the counterstream (termed by the fishermen "bage- vie"), which runs along the shore with a velocity often equal to that of the main stream, ..."