Definition of Cost accounting
1. Noun. Keeping account of the costs of items in production.
Cost Accounting Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cost Accounting Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cost Accounting
Literary usage of Cost accounting
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. 20th Century Bookkeeping and Accounting: A Treatise on Modern Bookkeeping by James Williams Baker (1918)
"The Outline on page 234 gives a summary of cost accounting explained in §§ 291-375. § 293. ... cost accounting is the method or process of determining, ..."
2. Publications of the American Statistical Association by American Statistical Association (1920)
"cost accounting, by J. Lee Nicholson, CPA, and John FD Rohrbach, CPA New York: The Ronald Press, 1919. 576 pp. The readers of the QUARTERLY who are engaged ..."
3. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"See Prices; Value cost accounting Statistical cost analysis in a bank. ... See cost accounting Cost of education. See Education—Cost Cost of living Cash and ..."
4. Convention by National Electric Light Association Convention, National Independent Meat Packers Association, University of Georgia College of Agriculture, University of Georgia Dept. of Food Science (1915)
"... ACCOUNTING SESSION JUNE IO i—Report of Committee on cost accounting JH GULICK 2—Paper: "Analytical Accounting for Central Station Purposes" OB COLDWELL ..."
5. Modern Accounting, Its Principles and Some of Its Problems by Henry Rand Hatfield (1909)
"... the credit of inaugurating and developing cost accounting is perhaps due. More specifically the purposes of cost accounting are as follows: 1. ..."
6. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1919)
"A Simple cost accounting System (86956). EC Constans. 3000 w. Telephony—June 8, 1918. ... The Elements of cost accounting (82182 A). FC Belser. 15 pp. ..."
7. Mine Accounting and Cost Principles by Thomas Orrin McGrath (1921)
"CHAPTER XXII cost accounting Costing, better known as cost accounting, is the dividing ... To assist the head of the cost accounting Department in obtaining ..."