Definition of Cooling system
1. Noun. Equipment in a motor vehicle that cools the engine.
Generic synonyms: Equipment
Terms within: Fan, Fan Belt, Pump, Radiator, Radiator Hose, Thermoregulator, Thermostat
Group relationships: Automotive Vehicle, Motor Vehicle
2. Noun. A mechanism for keeping something cool. "The cooling was overhead fans"
Specialized synonyms: Air Conditioner, Air Conditioning, Coolant System, Cooling Tower, Evaporative Cooler, Refrigeration System
Generic synonyms: Mechanism
Terms within: Water Pump
Derivative terms: Cool
Cooling System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cooling System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cooling System
Literary usage of Cooling system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dyke's Automobile and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia by Andrew Lee Dyke (1920)
"The fly wheel is the only moving part of cooling system. Vertical steel fins are made integral with the individual cylinder casting, by having the iron ..."
2. Nuclear Production of Hydrogen: Second Information Exchange Meeting, Argonne by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2004)
"Rector and cooling system The cross section views of the reactor are shown in Figure 1. ... As shown in Figure 2, the cooling system of the HTTR consists ..."
3. Permafrost: Second International Conference, July 13-28, 1973 : USSR by Frederick J. Sanger, Peter J. Hyde (1978)
"An effective cooling system not only permits the frozen state of the soil in the footing to be maintained, but also makes it possible to improve the ..."
4. Alternative Farming Systems by K. Schnieder (1994)
"Case studies, however, have shown that better cooling system design and operation can save significant amounts of energy. The use of variable speed drive ..."