Definition of Cooking pan
1. Noun. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
Generic synonyms: Cooking Utensil, Cookware
Specialized synonyms: Drip Pan, Dripping Pan, Frying Pan, Frypan, Skillet, Omelet Pan, Omelette Pan, Patty-pan, Roaster, Saucepan, Wok
Cooking Pan Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cooking Pan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cooking Pan
Literary usage of Cooking pan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Chinese and English Vocabulary in the Pekinese Dialect by George Carter Stent (1871)
"... a common. a cooking pan. lid of a cooking pan. fur, crust adhering to a pan. same. handle of a pan. the brickwork round a copper, or cooking pan. same. ..."
2. Popular Mechanics Shop Notes (1919)
"Vessel for Cooking Potatoes for Hogs on the Farm It is not necessary to feed raw cull potatoes to hogs just because there is no A Large cooking pan (or Uie ..."
3. New Edition of the Babylonian Talmud (1903)
"It is permitted to put one cooking-pan upon another, and also one earthen pot upon another, but not an earthen pot upon a cooking-pan, or a cooking-pan upon ..."
4. Three Years in Western China: A Narrative of Three Journeys in Ssǔ-chúan by Alexander Hosie (1890)
"A cooking pan. A cooking-pan lid. A tea cup. A wine cup. 6.—To boil rice. 7.—It is spoiled. 8.—He spread a mat on the bed. 9.—I want to lie down on this bed ..."
5. Surrey Archaeological Collections: Relating to the History and Antiquities by Surrey Archaeological Society (1908)
"Grey ware, evidently a cooking-pan with flat moulded lip : type ... Black ware, with burnished lattice-pattern outside; cooking- pan as last. ..."