¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Contessa
1. an Italian countess [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Contessa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Contessa
Literary usage of Contessa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of Youth, Things Seen and Known 1847-1860: Things Seen and Known by Giovanni Visconti Venosta (1914)
"The attitude of the peasants. — The journey to Bellinzona. — The appearance of the town. — The news gathered by the contessa ..."
2. Marotz by John Ayscough (1908)
"CHAPTER VII WHEN they sat down to supper the party consisted of three gentlemen and three ladies, for the contessa had joined them a little earlier. ..."
3. The Literary Life and Correspondence of the Countess of Blessington by Richard Robert Madden (1855)
"THE contessa AMERICA VESPUCCI. IN 1839, I had the pleasure of being acquainted with this remarkable lady. She was then about thirty years of age, ..."
4. Teatro comico by Tommaso Gherardi del Testa, Harry Glicksman (1870)
"contessa. Oh certamente! Marchesa. Voi non siete mai andata a trovarla? ... Mi pare, contessa, di trovare una certa freddezza in voi, ogni qual volta vi si ..."