Definition of Conoclinium
1. Noun. Mistflower.
Generic synonyms: Asterid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Aster Family, Asteraceae, Compositae, Family Asteraceae, Family Compositae
Member holonyms: Ageratum, Conoclinium Coelestinum, Eupatorium Coelestinum, Mist-flower, Mistflower
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Conoclinium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conoclinium
Literary usage of Conoclinium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"For the name in Eupatorium, Linnaeus is cited: for the name in conoclinium, De Candolle is cited. Some writers would cite both authors under ..."
2. Plant Names, Scientific and Popular, Including in the Case of Each Plant the by Albert Brown Lyons (1900)
"... conoclinium, in part. Perennial herbs with small flower heads. ... L. (conoclinium coelestinum DC.). NewJersey to Florida and Texas. ..."
3. My Growing Garden by John Horace McFarland (1915)
"It is in Bailey's big Cyclopedia now classed as a eupatorium, in the boneset family of fine wild things; but it came to me as conoclinium, ..."
4. The Floricultural Cabinet, and Florists Magazine by Joseph Harrison (1850)
"(Figured in Paxton's Flower Garden.'1) conoclinium ... PURPLE conoclinium.—A native of Brazil, introduced by M. Alexander ..."
5. Bibliographie der deutschen Zeitschriftenliteratur, mit Einschluss von by Felix Dietrich, Reinhard Dietrich (1900)
"... R.: Afrika Breitschwerdt, H.: conoclinium Breitung, M.: Rauch(en) — Stimme Bremen, W. v.: Friedrich d. Gr. — Krieg — Napoleon Bremer, ..."