Definition of Conduction anesthesia
1. Noun. Anesthesia of an area supplied by a nerve; produced by an anesthetic agent applied to the nerve.
Generic synonyms: Anaesthesia, Anesthesia
Conduction Anesthesia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Conduction Anesthesia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conduction Anesthesia
Literary usage of Conduction anesthesia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1909)
"conduction anesthesia the nerve conduction only is broken, while in general anesthesia (narcosis) the central organs in the brain, and in terminal ..."
2. The Breast: its anomalies, its diseases, and their treatment by John Blair Deaver, Joseph McFarland, Leon Herman (1917)
"Arrows indicate sites of injection for the production of conduction anesthesia of the intercostal nerves. should always be prepared to do the most radical ..."
3. A Text-book on Minor Surgery by John Colin Vaughan (1922)
"conduction anesthesia consists of the blocking of the nerve impulses at a point central to the field of operation by injections into and around the nerve, ..."
4. Dental materia medica and therapeutics by Hermann Prinz (1917)
"The latter form is the usual method pursued when conduction anesthesia ... Local Anesthesia Terminal anesthesia conduction anesthesia I Subperiosteal ..."
5. Block anesthesia and allied subjects: With Special Chapters on the Maxillary by Arthur Ervin Smith (1920)
"I. By means of diffusion their conduction will be interrupted, causing the so- called conduction anesthesia in this area. ..."
6. The Journal of the Allied Societies by Allied Societies (U.S.) (1912)
"Another good place for obtaining conduction anesthesia for the upper front teeth, ... To obtain conduction, anesthesia of the upper molars, ..."
7. Surgical operations: A Handbook for Students and Practitioners by Friedrich Pels-Leusden (1912)
"... conduction anesthesia 19 Anesthesia of big nerve trunks 19 Anesthesia after ... technique 20 Advantages of conduction anesthesia 21 Venous anesthesia ..."