Definition of Computing system
1. Noun. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
Specialized synonyms: Backup System, Platform
Terms within: Auxiliary Equipment, Off-line Equipment
Generic synonyms: System
Computing System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Computing System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Computing System
Literary usage of Computing system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Automated Data Sources for Ambulatory Care Effectiveness Research edited by Mary L. Grady, Harvey A. Schwartz (1995)
"System: BIOS Brigham and Women's Hospital Integrated computing system Boston, MA Primary Contact: J. Teich, MD The Brigham and Women's Hospital Integrated ..."
2. Information Resources Security & Risk Management: Policy, Standards (1993)
"Based on the password, the computing system can restrict or grant specific privileges. If password control is implemented, the computing system will require ..."
3. A Guide to Understanding Security Modeling in Trusted Systems (1993)
"To evaluate the ability of a computing system to support these policies, potential users may wish to construct an informal model of their security policies ..."
4. Security Awareness in the 1990's: Feature Articles from the Security by Lynn F. Fischer (1998)
"If the intrusion had been confined to only one company's computing system, it is unclear if the case would have been considered serious enough for any ..."
5. Cops Nad Computers: Microcomputer Use in Criminal Justice Agencies by J. Thomas McEwen (1992)
"Microcomputers typically do not require a dedicated support staff for operation or programming. minicomputer: A medium scale multiuser computing system and ..."
6. Network Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"The amount of space on data storage devices that may be regarded as main storage by the user of a computing system. The size of the virtual storage is ..."