Definition of Coloring material
1. Noun. Any material used for its color. "She used a different color for the trim"
Specialized synonyms: Paint, Pigment, Indicator, Mordant, Dye, Dyestuff, Tincture, Hematochrome, Pigment, Pigment, Stain
Generic synonyms: Material, Stuff
Derivative terms: Colorist, Colour, Colour, Colour
Coloring Material Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coloring Material Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coloring Material
Literary usage of Coloring material
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by Virginia Geological Survey, Virginia Division of Geology (1913)
"REFRACTORY coloring material IN CERAMICS, ETC. In the porcelain industry rutile is used to give a beautiful, soft yellow color under the glaze. ..."
2. Industrial Organic Chemistry: Adapted for the Use of Manufacturers, Chemists by Samuel Philip Sadtler (1912)
"DETERMINATION OF THE NATURE OF THE coloring material.— In deciding as to the presence of coloring matter, we must bear in mind the reactions of the commoner ..."
3. A Hand-book of Industrial Organic Chemistry by Samuel Philip Sadtler (1900)
"DETERMINATION OF THE NATURE OF THE coloring material. •In deciding as to the presence of coloring matter, we must bear in mind e reactions of the commoner ..."
4. Applied Chemistry by Edward Andrew Parnell (1844)
"From two solutions ; the coloring material not existing in either separately ... From the solution of the coloring material ; the cloth being first impreg-- ..."
5. Annual of the Universal Medical Sciencesedited by [Anonymus AC02809657] edited by [Anonymus AC02809657] (1894)
"Ehrich, of Berlin, £M has for a number of years been studying several biological therapeutic questions by the introduction of coloring material into the ..."