Definition of Coil spring
1. Noun. A spring in the shape of a coil.
Coil Spring Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coil Spring Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coil Spring
coign of vantage
coil spring (current term)
Literary usage of Coil spring
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Automobile Engineering: A General Reference Work by American Technical Society (1920)
"20, a coil spring being fitted under the saddle and forming a ... The upper forks support the entire weight of the motorcycle on the coil spring. ..."
2. The Automobile Book: A Practical Treatise on the Construction, Operation and by Charles E. Duryea, James Edward Homans (1915)
"An advantage claimed, with apparently good reason, is that the vibration period of the coil spring differs from that of the leaf spring, and that one tends ..."
3. Automobile Engineering: A General Reference Work by American Technical Society (1921)
"... (2) a coil spring used alone and in combination—alone it is used in the plane of the coil, or at right angles to it, and parallel to the center line ..."
4. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1909)
"The bottom piece of hardware, on the other hand, is arranged with a pivot and a coil spring, and has various mechanisms for operating the door positively ..."
5. Modern Engineering Practice: A Reference Library by American School (Chicago, Ill.) (1906)
"Thence to the clip c and the heat coil spring 1 to the switchboard. Returning to the heat coil spring 2. it passes through the clip c' to the jack spring S, ..."