2. Adverb. Towards or along a coast ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Coastally
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coastally Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coastally
Literary usage of Coastally
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Environmental Information for Naval Warfare by National Academy of Engineering, Inc NetLibrary (2003)
"... mesoscale coastal phenomena such as coastally-trapped disturbances; data assimilation incorporating high data rate, asynchronous sensors (radar, lidar, ..."
2. The Journal of Conchology by Conchological Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1874)
"... but from my own limited experience the t\vo areas coastally though very different geologically are very similar in species, while the whole Shetland sea ..."
3. Beyond the Golden Gate: Oceanography, Geology, Biology, and Environmental by Herman A. Karl (2001)
"When the northerly winds that cause upwelling relax, this larvae-rich water moves north in buoyancy-driven currents that remain coastally trapped. ..."
4. Migration and Development: New Partnerships for Co-Operation by OECD Staff, OECD. (1994)
"In principle, if the market so indicates, the new projects would not oppose local ;ng activities coastally. Coastal magnet areas would thus become yet more ..."