Definition of City limit
1. Noun. The limits of the area occupied by a city or town.
Group relationships: City, Town
Generic synonyms: Demarcation, Demarcation Line, Limit
City Limit Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: City Limit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of City Limit
Literary usage of City limit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Price & Leeʹs New Haven (New Haven County, Conn.) City Directory, Including by Price and Lee Company, inc, inc Price and Lee Company (1899)
"... thence continuing westerly through the center of Chapel street to the city limit, thence following the city limit in a southerly direction to the center ..."
2. Cases on the Law of Public Service by Charles K. Burdick (1916)
"It is clear that a reasonable limit is not in all cases the city limit. ... If not the city limit, can it be said that a certain number of miles from the ..."
3. American Municipal Progress by Charles Zueblin (1916)
"... surface and elevated, with a single five-cent fare on each, from city limit to city limit. Lacking a system of subways, Chicago compares favorably with ..."
4. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1898)
"If not the city limit, can it be said that a certain number of miles from the office, in either direction, would be a reasonable limit? ..."
5. Ancestry of the Population of the U. S.Ref (1994)
"For example, when a city limit runs through data collection block 101, the data for the portion inside the city is tabulated in block 101A and the portion ..."