Definition of Cidaris
1. a type of tiara [n -ES] - See also: tiara
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cidaris Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cidaris
Literary usage of Cidaris
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Zoological Record ...: Being Records of Zoological Literature by Zoological Society of London (1901)
"Barre(Isère), cidaris ... Hauterivian, and Valanginian of Portugal, revised list of Ech. ; Ech., cidaris, ... Brèche à cidaris ..."
2. Catalogue of the Cretaceous fossils in the Brighton museum by Henry Willett (1871)
"70 cidaris clavigera Spine. 71 cidaris clavigera Spine. ... 89 cidaris serrata (Wright) uc, Woolwich uc, Woolwich uc, Woolwich uc, Woolwich uc, Woolwich uc, ..."
3. Descriptive Catalogue of the Fossil Organic Remains of Invertebrata by Museum, Royal College of Surgeons of England (1856)
"Five specimens of cidaris coronata, Goldfuss. From the coralline oolite of ... A block of limestone containing broken portions of the spines of cidaris ..."
4. The Cidaridae by Hubert Lyman Clark (1907)
"There are only 3 valid recent species of cidaris, and they are quite sharply distinct from each other. The form which Doderlein ('87) described under the ..."