Definition of Chrysochloris
1. Noun. Type genus of the Chrysochloridae.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Chrysochloridae, Family Chrysochloridae
Member holonyms: Golden Mole
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chrysochloris Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chrysochloris
Literary usage of Chrysochloris
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Essays and Observations on Natural History, Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology by John Hunter, Richard Owen (1861)
"AN AFRICAN MOLE [chrysochloris capensis, Cuv.1]. This is not so strong in the fore legs as the British mole : it is of a fine or beautiful changeable ..."
2. Catalogue of the Hunterian Collection in the Museum of the Royal College of by Museum, Royal College of Surgeons in London (1831)
"chrysochloris Capensis — Desm : .Kg-.— Seba, Thes. i. tab. 52. Schreb : tab. 157. Habitat: — The Cape of Good Hope. Genus TALPA. — (Linn:) Dentition. ..."
3. Catalogue of Mammalia in the Indian Museum, Calcutta by Indian Museum, John Anderson, William Lutley Sclater (1881)
"Journ. vol. iv, Oct. 1828- to chrysochloris rutilans, Wagner, Schreber, ... Presented by EL Layard, Esq. 1859. 223. chrysochloris damarensis. ..."
4. Journal of Anatomy and Physiology (1868)
"... truncated ascending ramus of chrysochloris is peculiar to that family; and the deep fossa inside the mandible of Sorex is found exclusively in the ..."