Definition of Child care
1. Noun. A service involving care for other people's children.
Medical Definition of Child care
1. Care of children in the home or institution. (12 Dec 1998)
Child Care Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Child Care Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Child Care
Literary usage of Child care
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Population Profile of the U.S., 1997 by Andrea Curry, Karen Mills, Janice Valdisera (2000)
"Preschoolers are also in the midst of forming personalities, developing cognitively, and learning social skills; and child care providers can and do have a ..."
2. Helping Your Child Get Ready for School: With Activities for Children from by Nancy Paulu (1993)
"Choosing the right child care is important because it can affect how ... State-subsidized child care programs also are available, although most often more ..."
3. Characteristics of Children's Early Care and Education Programs: Data from edited by Sandra L. Hofferth (1998)
"With the exception of sick child care, the parents of more than half of preschoolers reported that each of these characteristics was very important in ..."
4. Opportunity 2000: Creative Affirmative Action Strategies for a Changing (1988)
"Contracting with a high-quality, often licensed, child care provider, ... An alternative to vouchers is direct reimbursement of child care expenses, ..."
5. National Admissions to Substance Abuse Treatment Services: The Treatment by Barbara Ray, Richard Thoreson, Leigh Henderson, Marianna Toce (1998)
"I would like to discuss how the child care Food Program creates family child care, ... To reduce paperwork and encourage participation, family child care ..."
6. Otitis Media with Effusion in Young Children: Clinical Practice Guideline by Sylvan E. Stool (1998)
"child care Descriptive research conducted during the past 15 years consistently shows a relationship between otitis media with effusion and child care in ..."
7. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"20.8 Reduce infectious diarrhea by at least 25 percent among children in licensed child care centers and children in programs that provide an Individualized ..."