Definition of Chemical analysis
1. Noun. The act of decomposing a substance into its constituent elements.
Generic synonyms: Analysis
Specialized synonyms: Uranalysis, Urinalysis, Scatology, Polarography, Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Chemical Analysis, Spectrographic Analysis, Spectrometry, Spectroscopic Analysis, Spectroscopy, Spectrum Analysis, Dialysis, Dating, Geological Dating, Thermogravimetry
Examples of category: Tare
Chemical Analysis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chemical Analysis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chemical Analysis
Literary usage of Chemical analysis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1912)
"The Elements of Qualitative chemical analysis, with Special Consideration of the Application of the Laws of Equilibrium and of the Modern Theories of ..."
2. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1894)
"chemical analysis of the ... troilite, magnetite, hydrous oxide of iron, and possibly chromite, the quantitative chemical analysis presented difficulties, ..."
3. The Cumulative Book Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1901)
"Elements of qualitative chemical- analysis. Me. Engineering chemistry. Stillman, T: B. net Rogers ... Quantitative chemical analysis. Clowes, F., W: net $2. ..."
4. Food Inspection and Analysis: For the Use of Public Analysts, Health by Albert Ernest Leach (1920)
"chemical analysis.—A very important means of identification of adulterants in many classes of food products is furnished by the microscope, which in many ..."
5. Textbook of Geology by Sir Archibald Geikie (1882)
"chemical analysis.1 The determination of the chemical composition of rocks by detailed ... As a rule, detailed chemical analysis lies out of the sphere of a ..."