Definition of Change of mind
1. Noun. A decision to reverse an earlier decision.
Generic synonyms: Deciding, Decision Making
Specialized synonyms: Afterthought, Reconsideration, Rethink, Second Thought
Derivative terms: Flip-flop, Reverse
Change Of Mind Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Change Of Mind Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Change Of Mind
Literary usage of Change of mind
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"He was now thrust out of his see by a change of mind on the part of the feeble emperor. But Nestorius was proud: he showed no sign of yielding or of coming ..."
2. The Cambridge Modern History by Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero (1907)
"Alexander's change of' mind. late, escaped with difficulty by fords lower down. The Russians lost more than 15000 men, killed and wounded, the French about ..."
3. Proceedings of the ... Annual Convention (1908)
"That change of mind has changed the face of American schooling. ... What might happen if a change of mind as far-reaching as the belief in the elective ..."
4. The Works of William Shakespeare by William Shakespeare (1887)
"spring, when sultry air surrounds the loveliest, most voluptuous flowers. Shall his quick change of mind deprive him of sympathy t or dp we not argue from ..."
5. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1893)
"... an opportunity of enlightenment through further demonstration, and of change of mind as to the possibility of a claim to the invention of an oven, ..."
6. A System of Christian Doctrine by Isaak August Dorner (1882)
"FIRST POINT: REPENTANCE OR change of mind. § 131. The Christian method of salvation requires a state of preparation for regeneration (§ 130). ..."
7. Remains, Historical and Literary, Connected with the Palatine Counties of by Chetham Society (1856)
"Te(i) was this change of mind (I think) ; that everything would appear sin to a man ... change of mind ..."